Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!



My husband spent New Year's Eve at the movie theatre in Findlay - alone. Dade, Brody, and Evelyn were in Seward eating junk food and missing out on sleep. Soren and I were in Lincoln, but we had visitors. My friends Sara and Travis came to visit with their kids. They took us out for supper (Cracker Barrel), we watched a movie (The Happening), and we made it till midnight to hear fireworks blasting from downtown. It was really nice of them to keep me company! Soren and Reese were like two little peas in a pod. I only wish they were closer so our girls could be together more often. Travis was the odd man out. He spent the evening listening to Sara and I girl talk and such. I'm sure it wasn't his idea of a great New Year's Eve, but husbands must sacrifice for their wives. I'm pretty sure that's in the vows.

Today, we went to Seward to watch football and hang out. The dogs escaped the yard again, but were returned to us by a former co-worker of Colby's who lives about a block away. The neighbors were shooting off firecrackers, scaring the crap out of the dogs, and thus inspiring their little escape. They still refuse to go outside.

This year is again beginning with Colby far from home, but at least no one is pregnant. :) I have no witty quips or funny stories for today - just wishes for a happy and healthy year for all who are reading this.

No comments: