Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cat Heaven


If there is a cat heaven, Tiger found it this morning playing in the huge stack of sacks from our trip to Super Target this morning. After I picked up the sacks, he had to settle for laying on the new box of diapers.

Sadly, while we were at the store this morning, Evelyn lost her little peeing Strawberry Shortcake doll. I never let her take anything into the store, but she hid it in her pocket. She did a great job carrying it through the store until shortly after we had to make a detour to change Soren's stinky diaper. She realized dolly was missing as we stood in the ice cream aisle. Immediately, panic and tears ensued. We finished our shopping and looked around for dolly to no avail. I tried to tell her that another little girl would find the doll and care for it, or maybe someone would turn it in at the service desk. I left my phone number just in case. On the way home she sat somberly in her car seat and cried, wishing that her dolly would "return" and worrying that dolly wouldn't like the new little girl taking care of her. It was enough to break my heart. Her sensible side kicked in, though, and she told me, "I'm never taking anything into the store again." At nap time she had to put four toys in bed with her so they wouldn't get lost.

Today started with me waking up at 5:30 am realizing that we had no power. I handled it well, checking the fuse box then calling the gas company. Of course, it was the electricity company I needed, but it really was just a hazy-minded mistake. You see, when we lived in Missouri Aquila was our electricity provider. Here they are the gas provider. I just had a momentary brain fart. The power was back on by 6:30 am.

No comments: