Thursday, January 22, 2009

Going Bananas or I Wanna be Sedated


This morning as Soren was peeling her banana at breakfast, I took notice of two symbols that define my week so far.

One: She's wearing a Ramones shirt today. They sing a song that says, "I wanna be sedated." Yeah. How I wish I could fall in to a Chardonnay-induced euphoria.

Two: She's peeling a banana. I feel like I'm going bananas. My kids are monkeys and they're eating me for dinner. Evelyn has become the biggest tattle tale ever. If someone looks at the dog sideways she tattles. Brody is a constant complainer. Dade has his head in the clouds, as usual. Soren? I didn't know a 15-month-old could whine all day about nothing. . . and I have 4 kids!

Colby doesn't come home until the 30th. I'm not religious, but let's all pray for my survival.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how I wish I could drive down there to give ya a hand!

Last night Jake and I went to Marley and Me....great movie...sad of course! But this blog reminded me of the role Jennifer Anistan played. I think you would enjoy the movie very much. Prepare yourself to cry when you do...well you might not. I just am blessed to be like my mother and cry over..ugh..EVERYTHING!

Stacy said...

Sounds like the trapped-in-the-house blues.

Time for the entire family to take to bed early with mama's little helper: benedryl?