Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sledding and Pizza, Oh What a Day!!

We had a bit of soft, lovely snow last night. It was beautiful. What isn't so great is that, with Colby gone, all the scooping is in my hands (along with everything else, but I digress. . .).

I got Evelyn and Soren all ready to go out in the snow, the boys got all dressed up, and we headed out to scoop the driveway. Dade took the initiative to get the toboggan out, and soon all the kids were sledding down the little hill in our side yard. It's just the right size for some safe, yet fun, sledding. Sadly, I have no photos because I was scooping snow and putting down salt. Soren looked like a happy little marshmallow as she Frankenstein-walked around in her snowsuit.

We have a busy day today. Colby comes home! Carrie and Mandi are coming foe a visit and taking the kids to Cici's Pizza. For those of you who haven't been to Cici's, it's a barf fest, all you can eat, mediocre pizza joint. The kids think it's heaven, especially Dade who claims that he once ate 13 pieces of pizza there. Then, of course, there was a discussion as to how many pieces of pizza each wrestler could eat, but again I digress. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello from AZ:

I have been curious to visit your blog and finally had a few minutes to check it out! What a nice way to share your life. Hope you had a fabulous Holiday. We are enjoying 70 degree weather in shorts and t-shirts. This weekend will be consumed with more catch-up from my job in LA and watching the NFL playoffs. Say hi to everyone.

Love Barb and John