Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Drum Roll Please. . . I Had a Grown Up Conversation Today!

My old friend from high school, Cody, came for a visit today. He's going to grad school in Lincoln twice a week, so he popped in for a visit between classes. We started chatting on Facebook the other night. I've really come to rely on Facebook for some adult interaction. I've gotten to chat with Cody and his wife Kim who both went to high school with Colby and me.

I went on a trip to the park with some other moms last Thursday when the weather was nice, but I had to chase Soren while they all got to chit chat. This is the first year that I haven't worked outside of the home at all. I've always worked, even just 8 hours a week, but it was something. I don't exactly know where I'd work even if I could.

I guess my point is, well, I don't really have one. I'm just excited to talk to a grown up!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

This happens to me in the summer. It's one of the reasons I blog (and read other people's blogs): adult company.

Bet you're counting the months until C comes home! I would be.

Colby31 said...

Here in the wonderful state of Ohio, I to have adult conversations. I will now relate how these conversations normally go. They start like - Colby do you have time to talk - I reply, I always have time for you. This ofcourse is my standard answer to this opening. Before I finish answering they are sitting down and saying some thing like...- This co-worker, who like has been my friend foe like years, is talking about me - I respond by saying, Oh what are they saying. The employee goes on to say - I am not sure but people are talking and looking and laughing at me. I respond by saying, Then how do you know they are talking about you. I also add a eye roll here. They employee says - How do I know? I just do. These are my normal adult conversations. I miss you Nichole. Not only are you my wife but you care what I say and I am truely interested in your opinion. Well about most things. Love Colby