Thursday, January 8, 2009

Head Trauma







Let me preface this blog post with this: Please don't call child services. Now that that is out of the way, we'll continue.

Soren is having a bad week as far as gravity goes. While we were at Target on Monday, she took a header onto the concrete floor. Big goose egg, big bruise.

Today, she slid down the steps. She also somehow "accidentally" fell into the coffee table while Brody and Evelyn were "pulling on her." Honesty is the best policy around here. Their little pulling incident lead to a head bump in the exact same place Monday's bump occurred. The results are pictured above.

I remember Dade walking around with a permanent goose egg from about 10 months old to about 18 months. Maybe this is just Soren's "my head is large and gravity is wicked" phase. One thing is for sure, she's a risk taker. She climbs up everything. She runs as fast as she can with no concern that her head may get ahead of her and make her fall. She isn't afraid of heights, even though she has fallen off of pretty much every surface in the house (tables, toy shopping cart, bed, chairs, toilet, etc.). I've never had a child so intent on getting a broken head. You could blame me for some of this, I guess. I could keep a closer eye on her. I do after all know that she is brazen and could take better precautionary measures. In my defense, she really is a handful!

I hope that her risky behavior goes a more constructive direction, like a fearless drive to succeed or something. In the meantime, where's the nurf and bubble wrap????? By the way, as I was typing this, Soren drew on her face with a pen. Call the academy because we've got a parent of the year nominee here!

No comments: