Monday, January 19, 2009

Who's That Girl?

Last summer, my Dad's sister Patty sent me some really old photos. This photo is of me, and I look to be around 3 years old or so. I think Patty found a bunch of undevloped rolls of film and wanted to see what was on them. What a surprise. . . it was the cutest kid ever! :)

The photo was taken at my Grandma's house in front of her water fountain. As kids, my cousins and I would love to hang out by the fountain. Grandma would put goldfish and turtles in there. It's really one of the more memorable things from my childhood. My grandparents still live in the same house, but I don't think the fountain sees much action anymore.

By my legs you'll notice a little white dog. That's our poodle, Cookie. She lived well into my teenage years. Grandma used to bring her bones from the steakhouse after work.

It's amazing how much one photo can stir up. I'm sad that so much of my life has passed by, but I look forward to growing old and seeing what life has in store. Some day my own daughters will look at photos of themselves with their little white dogs. How sweet. . .

2 comments:

Colby31 said...

I have always loved looking at old photos. As kids staying with my grandparents on the farm we would pull out my Grandmothers endless supply of albums. It is the little things attached to time of photo that is fun to remember or here about. We would see either my grandfather or grandmother standing at some scenic look out. Along with that one pose was a story from the picture taker. I have a photo album that Nichole made when I found out that I was going to be "Stationed" in Ohio. I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't pick it up and flip through it. The photos and memories are what remind me who I am. It shows me why I make the choices I do. I love the cute girl in the picture posted. If I would have never met or convinced her to marry me all of my photos would mean a lot less then they do.

Anonymous said...

So since I just commented on your other blog about being like my mother and crying...the other night I read this to my parents and yes mom and I started to tear up. I blame her for my tears half the time. She's such a sap. But I couldn't agree with you more about how one picture can start brewing up an enormous amount of memories and emotions. I have pictures similar to this one with me and Biscuit. Oh how I miss those days. And you put those old school pics up on facebook...oh how I could of vented on those....