Sunday, January 25, 2009

Peanut, Peanut Butter. . . In Syrup




My husband loves peanut butter on his waffles. It's something his family does. I don't really like peanut butter, but my kids have followed in their father's footsteps and will put it on just about any bread product. To blend their love of peanut butter and syrup on their pancakes and waffles, I mix up a peanut butter syrup. It's pretty easy: just put 1/2 cup of your favorite imitation maple syrup in a small saucepan with 1/4 cup of creamy natural peanut butter. Heat on low, and stir often until the syrup is warm and gooey. The kids love it. They also like to add a little whipped cream. Who doesn't like whiped cream?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After I read this, I wanted to go make a big waffle with a large amount of peanut butter...oh the good days when we had that like..every sunday. haha